BBC pundit Ian Wright has reeled off the Arsenal side he wants to face Tottenham in this Sunday’s north London derby.
On the Wrighty’s House podcast, Wright called for Reiss Nelson to start on the right wing ahead of Willian.
Nelson hasn’t started a Premier League game this season, but he has come on as a substitute in Arsenal’s last two top flight matches.
He has also impressed in Europa League starts against Dundalk and Molde, grabbing his first goal of the season versus the latter.
“I’d try and throw something else in the mix,” said Wright. “Someone like Reiss Nelson, or even Saka.
“But Saka’s going to be on the left. I’d probably put Reiss Nelson on the right instead of Willian.
“We know what Willian’s gonna do, he’s been a bit negative with the way he’s been playing – a lot of backwards passing.
“You need someone who can get back and also progress the ball. Look at where Arsenal are as a club now. This is your moment.”
Arsenal have a hugely exciting crop of young players and a first team which isn’t doing the business right now.
As Wright eludes to, that should spur the youngsters like Nelson on to really seize their opportunity.
Will Nelson get it in the north London derby? It would be a surprise, given how cautious Mikel Arteta has been with playing him this season.
The recent sub league appearances suggest he’s knocking on the door, but Arteta may well still go with the experience of Willian on the day.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer