These Arsenal fans were raving over Kido Taylor-Hart after his impressive academy display against Southampton U23s.
Taylor-Hart has played plenty of academy fixtures this season but is yet to break into Mikel Arteta’s Premier League first-team.
Arsenal U23s were leading at half-time thanks to goals from Nikolaj Moller and Taylor-Hart.
The 18-year-old winger scored in the 29th minute to make it 2-0 to the Gunners.
However, the north London side couldn’t hold on to their lead and ended up drawing 2-2 with the Saints after 90 minutes.
Taylor-Hart will be pleased with his contribution to the match but disappointed to have dropped three points when leading at half-time.
Here’s what the Arsenal fans had to say about the 18-year-old on Twitter:
Taylor-Hart – making the most out of his academy minutes
The 18-year-old has played 21 matches in total this season, playing in four different competitions.
18 of these appearances have come in the academy leagues, playing in both the Premier League 2 and the U18s Premier League.
Taylor-Hart has scored eight goals across both these competitions, with six of these coming in the U18s league.
The academy prospect will first need to become a regular in the U23s and prove himself at that level before thinking of getting the first-team.
However, at just 18-years-old, the winger has plenty of time to develop and get these opportunities.
- How old was Sean Murray in Hocus Pocus? NCIS star didn’t reprise role in sequel
- What is Dua Lipa and Trevor Noah’s age gap as dating rumors fly?
- Inside George Clooney’s romance with wife Amal as he says he ‘couldn’t be prouder’ of her
- Carl Azuz finally addresses leaving CNN 10 after sudden absence
- Video of Tua Tagovaolia’s fingers and hands post-injury worries fans