Oliver Skipp is spending the season out on loan from Tottenham to Norwich City.
He is trying to help the Canaries return to the Premier League at the first time of asking.
Skipp has given an interview to the Evening Standard where he shared Jose Mourinho’s messages to him about his loan spell.
And he was full of praise for the man-management skills of the Spurs boss, even while he’s been out on loan.
Speaking about comments where Mourinho described him as Tottenham’s future, Skipp said: “It’s always nice to get compliments from anyone but from him it’s even sweeter.
“But I’ve still got so much to prove. I need to keep pushing, so one day those comments turn into a reality, not just words.” He treats everyone with the same respect.
“I’m not Harry Kane or Hugo Lloris, but he still gave me the respect that I could go and talk to him. In terms of his man-management, he is brilliant. He knows when to push someone or when to give them some love.
“He’s messaged me a few times this season actually, which is a really nice touch, just to show he’s watching and aware of what I’m doing. He’s been really positive.”
Mourinho’s record in terms of bringing young players through has been the subject of scrutiny.
It will be interesting to see if he manages to oversee the integration of Skipp into the Spurs side.
He tends to prefer more physical midfielders, but Skipp is something of a deep playmaker.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer