Arsenal loanee William Saliba was Nice’s best player last night, according to the player ratings in French outlet L’Equipe.
The central defender played for full the 90 minutes on his debut against Brest last night, as his new side went down 2-0.
Saliba only made his loan move to Nice this week but was thrown straight into the action at the earliest opportunity.
Saliba slotted in as part of a back three, with former Manchester United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin captaining the side.
And L’Equipe were impressed with his performance on his maiden outing, praising the amount of times he won the ball back.
“For his first game with the Gym (Nice’s nickname), loaned two days earlier by Arsenal, the former Saint Etienne defender did what he was recruited for, a role of boss, sweeping up behind,” they wrote.
“In the center of the three-man defence, he was present in the fight (15 ball recoveries) and rather safe in his passing.
“A technical mistake, which didn’t prove costly, earned him a yellow card in the 12th minute.”
Saliba clearly showed his quality right from the off, although of course the result could have been better for the team.
He has already played more for Nice than he did for Arsenal’s first team and he will hope to keep his place in the side.
It’s about putting performances together now, to get his form and confidence back. That’s all he can do to try and show Mikel Arteta he’s worth a run in Arsenal’s team.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer