Matteo Guendouzi is spending the season out on loan away from Arsenal at German outfit Hertha Berlin.
There had been recent reports that the Gunners were planning on bringing back the midfielder this month.
That went hand in hand with the fact that Hertha had already spotted their replacement in the engine room.
But journalist Fabrizio Romano says that Arsenal won’t be recalling him this month and Hertha will have him all season, as planned.
Guendouzi fell out of favour at Arsenal last season amid reports of ill-discipline.
Mikel Arteta took a hard line with the midfielder, freezing him out of his plans before farming him out on loan.
But his displays with Hertha have been eye-catching. He has two goals and an assist from ten Bundesliga outings.
Hertha sit 12th in the league, and losing Guendouzi during the middle of the season would no doubt be a hammer blow.
Their fans will be relieved by Romano’s report. Perhaps some Gunners fans would like to see his energy back in their midfield, but it doesn’t seem like they’ll get that chance until next season.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer