Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma is reportedly attracting interest from London neighbours Tottenham – and there has been a mixed response on Twitter from Blues supporters to the speculation.
According to French media outlet RMC Sport, Spurs manager Jose Mourinho has suggested the 25-year-old as a possible transfer target and it’s unclear if he will still be at Stamford Bridge next season.
It is claimed that Chelsea could be open to allowing the centre-back’s exit, but would put a high demand on his signature.
Zouma has played 33 games across all competitions so far this campaign for Frank Lampard’s side and is one of four centre-backs trying to cement a permanent spot in the starting XI.
The Frenchman has shown in glimpses he’s a real powerhouse at the back that can succeed in the Premier League, but is still prone to an individual error and is yet to reach his full potential.
Mourinho signed Zouma back in 2014 during his second stint with Chelsea and it seems he’s now eyeing a potential reunion at Tottenham.
Lampard needs to assess where Zouma fits into his plans alongside centre-back options Fikayo Tomori, Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger.
A selection of Blues supporters on social media have urged the club to consider granting Zouma a move to Spurs, but there are others who warn that it could be a mistake.
Here are some of the most interesting reactions from Chelsea fans on Twitter:
- What is the song that features across Modelo’s beer commercials?
- Velma’s lesbian crush has Scooby-Doo fans swooning as Twitter goes into meltdown
- What we know about Scoot Henderson’s parents and family
- Peloton reveal Daniel McKenna is ‘no longer’ an instructor amid speculation
- How to buy Red Hot Chili Peppers’ LA Rams vinyl ahead of October release