Celtic duo Jonny Hayes and Jozo Simunovic recently departed the club, after winning a host of trophies with the Hoops.
The pair enjoyed some memorable times at Celtic Park. However, it has to be said that their finest moments came in the game that matters most to supporters: the Glasgow derby against Rangers.
Hayes’ golden hour came in the 2-0 win at Ibrox last season. He ran almost half the length of the pitch to score the goal which sealed the Hoops’ vital win.
For Simunovic, some might argue his highly emotional goal and tribute to Billy McNeill against Kilmarnock in 2019 was his finest moment in the Hoops. There is no doubt that was something special.
However, he will likely be most remembered for a crunching challenge on Kenny Miller in Celtic’s famous 5-1 win at Ibrox in 2017.
That showed the type of player Simunovic could be when fit. A defender who was able to combine aggression and skill.
As for Hayes, he performed very well at full-back in notable win against Lazio last season, but both he and Simunovic will always be remembered for what they did in the Glasgow derby.
All Celtic fans will wish them well in the future, as the duo more than played a part in the road to nine in a row.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer