Rangers were involved in another seven-goal thriller against Royal Antwerp last night.
It was slightly more comfortable than last week’s 4-3 win in Belgium, with a 5-2 victory booking a place in the last 16 of the Europa League.
Alfredo Morelos set the Gers on their way after capitalising on a defensive error to make it 1-0.
But he also turned provider, setting up two goals as Steven Gerrard’s men pulled away.
Those assists were one of four key passes he made on the night. For the second week running, Antwerp couldn’t contain Morelos.
None of his teammates made more than one, so Morelos’s creativity was key to unlocking the door on multiple occasions.
He won two headers and a foul to boot – rounding off an all-round striking display.
Morelos has evolved to be more than just a pure goalscorer and last night provided further evidence.
That display was rewarded with a 9.56/10 rating by WhoScored.
That makes him one of the players – if not the player – of the night of Europa League matches.
With Morelos scoring and creating goals, Rangers will feel they can challenge any side remaining in the competition.
Five goals conceded in two legs is a concern and that will need to improve going forward but netting nine is a statement to the remaining 16 sides – and Morelos was right at the heart of it.
- How old was Sean Murray in Hocus Pocus? NCIS star didn’t reprise role in sequel
- What is Dua Lipa and Trevor Noah’s age gap as dating rumors fly?
- Inside George Clooney’s romance with wife Amal as he says he ‘couldn’t be prouder’ of her
- Carl Azuz finally addresses leaving CNN 10 after sudden absence
- Video of Tua Tagovaolia’s fingers and hands post-injury worries fans