These Tottenham Hotspur fans were happy to see links to Southampton’s Jannik Vestergaard from the Daily Mirror.
The report from the Daily Mirror states that Vestergaard is high up on Jose Mourinho’s list of centre-back targets this summer.
Vestergaard’s contract expires in June 2022 and the Danish centre-back has been a key player for Southampton this season.
The defender has played 20 Premier League matches for the Saints so far this season – averaging a Whoscored rating of 7.10 out of 10 in the Premier League.
The report didn’t mention a fee, but Transfermarkt values the centre-back at £13.5 million.
Many of the Spurs supporters were happy to see the rumours linking them to the Saints defender.
Here’s what the Spurs fans were saying about Vestergaard on Twitter:
Vestergaard – Premier League proven
With Vestergaard averaging a Whoscored rating of 7.10 out of 10, that alone shows that his performances this season have been good enough for a big move.
The Danish defender rarely has a bad match or season for the Saints, so he is defiantly a Premier League proven option for Mourinho.
Vestergaard would likely be cheaper than any other high profile options due to his age. The 28-year-old might only have a couple more years left at the top level.
But this shouldn’t be a major issue for Spurs, because sometimes gambling on the big-name player doesn’t always work out anyway.
- How old was Sean Murray in Hocus Pocus? NCIS star didn’t reprise role in sequel
- What is Dua Lipa and Trevor Noah’s age gap as dating rumors fly?
- Inside George Clooney’s romance with wife Amal as he says he ‘couldn’t be prouder’ of her
- Carl Azuz finally addresses leaving CNN 10 after sudden absence
- Video of Tua Tagovaolia’s fingers and hands post-injury worries fans