Matt Targett was one of the stand out performers when Aston Villa took on Newcastle United in the Premier League on Friday night.
Targett added to his growing collection of good performances when putting on a great display against the Magpies.
The 25-year-old finished the match with a Whoscored rating of 7.4 out of 10, which was better than any other Aston Villa player.
Targett was also very solid defensively, which is his main priority after all.
Winning six aerial duels, making two tackles and touching the ball 79 times – Targett defiantly made his presence know against the Magpies.
The Englishman actually had the second-most touches in the entire match, with only Jonjo Shelvey having more.
The Magpies midfielder touched the ball 81 times, so there wasn’t much in it.
Targett – consistent all season
So far this season, Targett is currently averaging a Whoscored rating of 6.93 out of 10 in the Premier League.
Which is the sixth-highest in the Villa squad, with Jack Grealish leading the way averaging 7.73 out of 10.
Targett is yet to score in the league this season but has managed to get one assist, which he picked up against Burnley near the end of January.
With solid outings like these, it’s easy to see why Dean Smith has already played the 25-year-old for a whopping 2415 minutes in the league.
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer