Wilfred Ndidi put on a great display in Leicester City’s midfield despite losing 3-1 to Arsenal.
Youri Tielemans opened the scoring within the first 10 minutes, but the lead didn’t last very long.
Just before half-time, David Luiz scored thanks to an assist from Willian in the 39th minute.
A penalty was awarded to Arsenal just before the whistle was blown for the first-half, which Alexandre Lacazette slotted away nicely to make it 2-1 to Arsenal going into the second half.
It didn’t take long for Arsenal to score again, Nicolas Pepe netted the Gunners’ final goal of the game in the 52nd minute.
Despite this poor result for the Foxes, Ndidi was a standout performer in the midfield.
Ndidi – defensive midfield masterclass
The 24-year-old made 61 touches of the ball, which was the third-most out of the Foxes players.
Ndidi put on a defensive masterclass, making seven tackles with a 100% success rate – which was more tackles than another player in the match.
The Nigerian also made two clearances and three interceptions which helped in breaking up Arsenal’s attacking moves.
Ndidi also won more aerial duels than any other player, winning four all match with an 80% success ratio.
Leicester’s next challenge is an away trip to Burnley, which should give Brendan Rodgers’ side a chance to bounce back quickly.
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer