A report from the Daily Mail last week claimed Tottenham are among the clubs watching Leon Bailey.
They apparently scouted him in the Europa League last week, when he scored a brace in Bayer Leverkusen’s 4-0 win over Slavia Prague.
He netted another brace yesterday in another convincing win, 4-1 over Hoffenheim.
And his first goal was an absolute screamer, rifling in a left-footed shot after a well-worked short corner.
The 23-year-old winger then doubled Leverkusen’s lead on 27 minutes, capitalising on a goalkeeping error.
Bayer sold Kai Havertz to Chelsea in the summer but Bailey has stepped up impressively.
That’s one of the reasons they’re sitting top of the Bundesliga after 11 games, one points ahead of holders Bayern Munich.
Bailey’s asking price was quoted in the Mail as £36 million, but with the caveat that Bayer may ask for more if his form carries on the way it has been this season.
Goals like yesterday’s will only increase the possibility of that happening, but if Tottenham were watching, they’ll be impressed once again.
Spurs fans may also have been interested in the game because loanee Ryan Sessegnon grabbed an assist for Hoffenheim.
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer