Patrick Bamford notched the 100th senior goal of his career in Leeds’ 2-0 win over Crystal Palace last night.
The English hitman has had his doubters but he is currently proving them wrong.
Palace were one of the clubs Bamford had failed to shine at. He fared better at Middlesbrough in the Championship, but didn’t do the business for them in the Premier League.
He played with Ben Gibson at the Riverside Stadium and the £15 million (Sky Sports) defender congratulated him on his achievement.
Bamford also failed to make the grade at Burnley, who are currently Gibson’s parent club.
He’s out on loan at Norwich at the moment, looking to help the Canaries back into the Premier League at the first time of asking.
Like Bamford, Gibson’s stock was high when they were both at Middlesbrough.
But his big move into the top flight went awry. That was the story of Bamford’s career until this season.
The 100th goal is just another landmark in an outstanding season and Gibson will hope he gets another shot at the big time in his career.
If he does, Bamford’s the example to follow in terms of taking it.
- Michael McKean aka ‘Lenny’ of Laverne & Shirley pays tribute to Cindy Williams
- Is the Sean Payton movie on Netflix? Where to stream Home Team
- Meet Ethan Pocic’s wife Heather as Jeffree Star tweet continues to puzzle
- Who is Henry Anderson’s wife Saryn? Jeffree Star tweet sends fans Googling
- Who is OussiFooty? Age, real name and nationality of TikTok footballer