AC Milan are interested in signing Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard as Mario Mandzukic continues to struggle in Serie A, as reported by Calciomercato.
Mandzukic has had a terrible season so far. The Croatian striker has played only four matches this season and has yet to start a league match.
Mandzukic has failed to score or provide an assist either and, with his contract expiring in June, it seems unlikely the 34-year-old has much of a career left in Serie A.
The experienced centre-forward’s contract includes a one-year extension but it would be a surprise to see that activated.
As a result, Milan are reportedly looking at a number strikers ahead of the summer transfer window. Celtic’s Edouard is one of them.
Can Celtic afford to lose Edouard?
With 16 goals in 23 league starts, finding another striker to replace Edouard would be tough.
Those kind of numbers never go unnoticed in Europe and Milan may be willing to take a risk on the Frenchman.
It’s easy to say Celtic can’t afford to lose the 23-year-old but, if push comes to shove, the main issue for the Hoops would be getting a good enough fee to replace Edouard.
It remains early days – no fee was mentioned in CM’s report. Celtic fans will hope Milan’s ‘interest’ is mere hot air.
- ‘Baffling’: Sutton would be shocked if Celtic appointed 49-year-old as manager
- ‘Doesn’t get mentioned enough’: BBC pundit thinks ‘exceptional’ West Ham ace deserves better
- ‘Just wanted to tell them’: Reported Liverpool target speaks openly about discussions
- Spurs star set to go head-to-head with international who once said he ‘hates Tottenham’
- Jack Grealish posts five-word message on Instagram after return to Villa training yesterday