Viral rap song “Who I Smoke” sees some of Florida’s up-and-coming rappers name-check the likes of Bibby, Lil Nine and Teki.
The song sees Spinabenz, Whoppa Wit Da Choppa, Yungeen Ace, and FastMoney Goon come together to put their twist on Vanessa Carlton’s “A Thousand Miles.”
The music video premiered on 28 March 2021 and has racked up nearly 2.8 million views. This figure is correct as of publication date.
“Who I Smoke” lyrics reference Bibby
Youngeen Ace takes the lead on the “Who I Smoke” chorus. In the chorus he name-checks a number of deceased Florida rappers, including Bibby.
The chorus goes:
“Who I smoke?
Who I smoke?
Who I smoke?
And now I wonder…”
Who is Bibby?
Bibby was a rapper from Florida who was shot and killed in February 2019 at the age of 16. His real name was Adrian Gainer Jr. He was a student at Grand Park High School.
Bibby was born on 19 March 2002.
Hakeem Robinson, a 24-year-old rapper known “Ksoo,” was charged in the February 2019 murder of 16-year-old Adrian Gainer Jr.
Julio Foolio, a friend of Bibby’s and rival of Ksoo and Yungeen Ace, paid homage to Bibby in a song released 26 February 2020.
In the emotional track, Foolio sings: “Why the f*** you have to leave? Why couldn’t you stay with me?”
Foolio continued: “God already had a plan, you were heaven sent.”
Who else is mentioned in “Who I Smoke”?
The “Bibby” reference has caused the most drama – Foolio took to Instagram Live on 29 March 2021 to respond to “Who I Smoke” – but the song also name-checks two other rappers.
Teki is another rapper who was shot and killed.
- ‘Unbelievable’: Some Spurs fans stunned by their player’s ‘masterclass’ including a goal & assist
- ‘Out of this world’: Pundit praises ‘fantastic’ Arsenal ace for international displays
- What happened to Fortnite streamer Hamlinz to make him stop streaming?
- Rick and Morty Babies is Adult Swim’s hilarious April fools 2021
- ‘A concern’: ITV pundit has seen Tottenham star do something on national duty that worries him