What happened to 18veno? News has broken out that the young rap star passed away.
Tributes have poured out onto Twitter to mourn the loss of 18veno. Find out what happened here.
Who was 18veno?
18veno was a rapper from Winnsboro, South Carolina. In April 2020, 18veno tweeted that “18 eighteen on the 18th.” This would mean that 18veno was born on 18 April 2002.
South Carolina is fast becoming a hub for rappers. Artists such as DaBaby, jetsonmade, Neeko Baby and 18veno putting South Carolina on the rap map.
In an interview from July 2020, 18veno revealed that he started rapping in the fourth grade. 18veno’s first success came after he released a song to SoundCloud called “Fight.” The song was partly inspired by his brother, who passed away when 18veno was just 14 years old.
What happened to 18veno?
Reports online state that 18veno was shot, although this has been unconfirmed by his family or representatives.
News of his death broke on 24 January 2021 but it is thought that 18veno died in the evening of 23 January 2021.
Fans react to 18veno’s death
18veno’s death has seen an outpouring of fans to Twitter to mourn the rapper.
One fan tweeted: “Another SC legend gone too soon.”
Another added: “I just knew 18veno was destined for something great when I first heard 1942. RIP.”
- Who is Ryan Switzer’s wife Gabie? From college couple days to NFL
- xQc drama explained: Why did he get banned from NoPixel again?
- ‘The only positive’, ‘MOTM’: Some Newcastle fans applaud ‘solid’ 29-year-old performance against West Brom
- What happened to Jalek Swoll’s dad? Motocross star’s family explored
- Why is Andy Ngo? Mumford & Sons connection and Unmasked book explored