How tall is Olaf from Frozen? It’s Christmas time and families everywhere are getting into the festive spirit with Disney’s fan favourite, Frozen. Perhaps one of the remaining handful of unanswered questions about the wintry classic has to be, how tall is Olaf? Well, he’s taller than you think.
The world was first introduced to Olaf the snowman in 2013’s Frozen. Enchanted to life by Elsa, Olaf is a magical snowman who has the ability to assemble and reassemble his snowy body at will. Unlike other magical snowmen, Olaf loves Summer!
How tall is Olaf?
In December 2019, the internet was shocked to discover that a search result revealed that Olaf was supposedly 5′ 4″ tall.
Considering that Olaf is depicted as being around half the size of Elsa, fans worked out that the animated film’s hero must be around 11 feet tall!
Jennifer Lee, who co-directed Frozen and its sequel, Frozen 2, responded to the memes with: “I’m guessing 5’4″ is a typo. If it said 3’4″ I’d buy it.”
Lee went on to confirm her earlier statement: “From what I remember, Anna is 5’5″ and Elsa is 5’7″. I could be off an inch or two, bu not a foot or two.”
Olaf is voiced by Josh Gad and directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck envisioned the snowman as embodying child-like innocence.
Olaf was designed to reflect what a child’s first snowman looks like, where the heads are never perfectly round, and the body is out of proportion. According to Jennifer Lee, Olaf’s purpose in the film is to symbolise the love between Elsa and Anna.
- Gary Neville gushes over Liverpool 22-year-old who ‘mesmerizes’ him
- Can Trump veto the new stimulus bill?
- Carragher says ‘special’ Wolves ace is like Liverpool legend, Neville expects Pep to want him
- Gary Neville claims West Ham man reminds him of Tottenham star he ‘loves to bits’
- Gary Neville says ‘anybody who knows about football’ can see how good £29m Liverpool man is