Burning Man is confirmed to return for 2022 so Burners are curious to find out more details about tickets and release dates.
After two years of waiting, the Burning Man event is returning to Black Rock City in Nevada. It’s scheduled to take place from Monday, 29 August 2022 to Monday, 5 September 2022.
The 2020 and 2021 events were cancelled because of the pandemic. Virtual celebrations took their place but that wasn’t enough for some. Burners met in local groups, while more than 20,000 people attended an unofficial Burning Man 2021 event called Renegade Burn.
But now the organisation has officially announced the 2022 event, so fans wants all the information on how to bag tickets – they’re infamously difficult to get hold of.
- NEW: Beeple’s Joe Rogan interview highlights: What is his NFT gift worth?
When will the Burning Man FOMO 2022 tickets go on sale?
Although the exact date for ticket sales has yet to be confirmed, Burning Man has stated the FOMO sale is likely to take place in January 2022.
More information about registration and sale dates will be shared in the new year.
If it’s anything like previous years, you’ll have to make a Burners profile to access the ticket section.
Organisers have also said to “expect subsequent sales roughly around their usual time-frame”. Therefore, using 2019 and 2020 as a guide, expect something similar to this schedule:
- Main sale: 8 – 10 April 2022
- Directed group sale: 26 – 28 February 2022
- Low-income tickets: February – April 2022 (until all 4,500 tickets (approx) have been issued
- OMG sale: Beginning of August 2022
- Kids: Free under 12 – they’ll need a free print-at-home ticket, which can be accessed via a link on the Burning Man website
How much are they?
Tickets are known to be extremely difficult to get hold of. In 2018, 26,000 tickets were sold in the first half hour.
In 2016, CNBC estimated the total cost of attending the event could range from $1,300 to $20,000, including camp fees, food, transportation, costumes and gifts. Definitely one to save up for.
Official prices have yet to be revealed, but here’s a list of the 2019 prices and their availability to get an idea:
- Main sale: $475 – 20,0000 tickets available
- Directed group sale: $475 – 35,000 tickets available
- FOMO sale: $1,400 – 4,000 tickets available
- Low income: $210 – 4,500 tickets available
- OMG sale: $550 – 3,000 tickets available
Don’t fall for fake websites
A quick Google of ‘Burning Man 2022 tickets’ directs customers to a fake Viagogo website claiming week passes are now available for $500. DON’T FALL FOR THIS.
It’s likely that, as release dates approach, other fake sites will pop up.
Make sure you get the latest information and buy your tickets from the official Burning Man website.
- MORE: What is YouTube celebrating today as logo shows one trillion?