What happened to The Conditional at Newbury? Fans of horse racing have been rocked by the news of the big Grand National fancy’s death.
This 21 February 2021, news broke that The Conditional had suffered an accident in the Denman Chase. The event occurred the same day.
But what happened to the racehorse?
What happened to The Conditional at Newbury?
The Conditional suffered a fractured hind leg in the 2m7½f clash which aired live on ITV4. The racehorse was put down the same day due to the severity of the injury.
The Conditional was just 9 years old and a big fancy for this year’s Grand National. He had won Cheltenham in a previous year.
Brendan Powell was the jockey on the day of the Newbury event.
Racing fans mourn the loss of The Conditional
After news broke of The Conditional’s death, racing fans poured out online to pay tribute to the horse and offer condolences to the David Bridgewater team.
One fan tweeted: “The Conditional, one of my favourite horses… This sport is so cruel at times. RIP.”
Another described The Conditional as “An absolute warrior who has been a grand servant for connections!”
- What is SNL legend Kristen Wiig’s net worth?
- Jo Whiley’s sister Frances admitted to hospital with covid-19
- Pro-golfer Michelle Wie is nearly as tall as her husband
- ‘Fake heiress’ returns to Instagram to talk Netflix series and life post-prison
- ‘Doesn’t just depend on us’: Mikel Arteta opens up about 22-year-old’s future