Some Arsenal fans feel Miguel Azeez should be included in the Gunners’ Europa League side tonight after seeing footage of the youngster in training.
Azeez was training with the first team ahead of the home leg against Slavia Prague (8pm kick-off).
Azeez’s outings this season
The 18-year-old has played most of his football for Arsenal in Premier League 2 against other academy sides.
However, the youngster has played against senior opposition this season, with outings in the Europa League and EFL Trophy.
Azeez played seven minutes against Dundalk early in the Gunners’ Europa League campaign.
He also had EFL Trophy minutes against Ipswich, Crawley Town and AFC Wimbledon.
And some Arsenal supporters feel it’s time the teenager had another Europa League outing.
Here’s what some Arsenal fans were saying about Azeez on Twitter:
Slavia Prague a challenge for Arteta
The Czech Republic giants will be far from easy opponents for Arsenal.
Previous meetings between the two sides went well for the Gunners – a 7-0 win and 0-0 draw in 2007. However, tonight’s Slavia Prague side are a very different team.
Prague’s star man, Abdallah Sima, will be one the Gunners will have to be watch. The Senegalese teenager has scored 11 goals in 18 Fortuna liga matches this season.
The 19-year-old is a dynamic right-winger who can also play in the centre-forward and left-wing roles.
Sima also has five league assists to his name and is valued at £7.2 million by Transfermarkt.
- Paul Merson claims Arsenal man’s ‘confidence is well and truly shot’
- Who is ‘School of Rock’ producer Scott Rudin married to?
- ‘Much better’: Arteta says ‘crucial’ Arsenal player has improved so much recently
- Ashley Cole sends blunt message about where Liverpool first teamer must improve
- ‘We’re doomed’, ‘shambles’: Some Arsenal fans hate the update they’ve just read