Unsurprisingly, Jose Mourinho was asked about Gareth Bale ahead of Tottenham’s clash with Fulham.
Mourinho’s conducted his pre-match press conference ahead of the match at Craven Cottage.
Bale stole the show at the weekend, netting two goals and setting up Harry Kane’s strike as well.
But his fitness needs to be managed carefully – he spent the opening months of the season really struggling to get match sharp.
“I think so,” said Mourinho when asked if Bale would be ready tomorrow having started against Burnley.
“Starting or starting on the bench I don’t know. He’s a very experienced player. Good reaction though [after the Burnley game].”
The subject of Bale’s involvement against Scott Parker’s side is a hot topic among Spurs fans.
Some feel he should be rested and eased back gradually but others want to see him in the side from the off again tomorrow.
Here’s how Mourinho’s comments went down on Twitter:
- 8 aerials won: 29-year-old Newcastle United man put on a solid display vs Burnley
- Who is Marc Lore’s wife Carolyn? Ex-Walmart exec’s family life explored
- Did Jay-Z and Beyonce buy DMX’s masters? Rumour’s legitimacy explored
- “Peasley” meaning: Bryce Hall’s TikTok flooded with slang term
- Did Rick Fox leave Morning Show Mysteries? Hallmark’s new detective explained