The business end of the Premier League season is coming into view and Sky Sports have had a go at prediction how the final table will look.
The first attempt they’ve made is simply by mapping the points per games totals already gained across the remaining fixtures.
That model has Newcastle surviving and picking up 40 points – and that’s something plenty of their fans have reacted to on Twitter.
There is another, more complexly calculated table, which has the Magpies picking up 37 – but still comfortably safe.
Either way, many supporters on Twitter are not confident at all that their side will get the predicted totals needed for safety.
Newcastle went down 2-0 against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Monday night and have Manchester United to come on Sunday.
Meanwhile, Fulham got four points from away games against Everton and Burnley and look a confident, united unit.
Here’s how Sky’s predicted table after 38 games went down with some Newcastle fans on Twitter:
- Ian Wright praises in-form Everton star Richarlison who he has ‘absolute respect for’
- ‘Really hope’: Some Liverpool fans demand £100k-a-week star plays in midfield vs Chelsea
- Who is Charles Barkley’s daughter, and when is she getting married?
- ‘New deal in summer’: Some Leeds fans react to agent comments about first-teamer
- Is Kirsten Storms pregnant? General Hospital baby rumours explained