Newcastle United’s season plumbed new depths with the 1-0 defeat to Sheffield United on Tuesday.
The Magpies are out of both cup competitions and now sit 15th in the Premier League after losing to the basement boys.
Alan Shearer has published a piece for the Athletic lamenting the state of affairs at the club.
The pressure is on to find a creative spark in this month’s transfer window because as Shearer said, Newcastle are very hard to watch right now.
Amid that backdrop, Newcastle have been linked with a loan move for Napoli left back Faouzi Ghoulam by Le Buteur.
Another defender isn’t what many fans who reacted to the news on Twitter feel Newcastle need.
They want to see a creative player added to the squad and for the Steve Bruce’s tactics to enable the side to play some more exciting, attacking football.
Here’s how the fans reacted to being linked with a short-term swoop for an out-of-favour defender at a time when more creativity and goals are the order of the day:
- Some Liverpool fans react to report Inter have been offered Origi on loan
- Leeds United latest: Two transfer targets still in sight, agent change brings hope
- RIP Mike Sheridan: Bodybuilder passes away aged 50
- Tottenham latest news: International eager for Spurs move, two loanees impress
- What does Qdeoks mean? K-pop fans curious about mystery Twitter account