Everton prospect Ellis Simms has joined League 1 outfit Blackpool on loan until the end of the season.
The young striker has been in the Toffees’ senior squad for matchdays on two occasions but hasn’t made his debut yet.
He will be looking to seize the opportunity to get regular gametime in men’s football.
Simms has showed his ability in Premier League 2 this season, with eight goals in 12 games.
Simms told Blackpool’s official website: “This is a club with great history and I’m looking forward to what’s ahead.
“As soon as I found out about the interest, I thought this is the place where I can improve my game, step on to the stage and show what I can do.”
Tangerines manager Neil Critchley added: “Ellis has an outstanding goal record at under-18 and under-23 level and I believe he’s now ready for this step into senior football.
“He’s a player I’ve been aware of for a few years now and I’m delighted that he’s chosen to sign for us, given that he had a number of options available.
“He will add something different at the top end of the pitch and I would like to thank Everton for trusting us with his continued development.”
Simms’s departure means that Everton just have Cenk Tosun as cover for Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
That has led some on social media to think that a new striker is coming through the door on the back of this deal.
Here’s how some Toffees reacted on Twitter:
- Who is Ryan Switzer’s wife Gabie? From college couple days to NFL
- xQc drama explained: Why did he get banned from NoPixel again?
- ‘The only positive’, ‘MOTM’: Some Newcastle fans applaud ‘solid’ 29-year-old performance against West Brom
- What happened to Jalek Swoll’s dad? Motocross star’s family explored
- Why is Andy Ngo? Mumford & Sons connection and Unmasked book explored