Shane Duffy has been linked with an early departure from his loan deal at Celtic.
As per the Sun, Nottingham Forest are interested in the central defender, who is on loan at Parkhead from Brighton.
Celtic would need to take a financial hit by cutting short his loan deal to make the exit happen.
Duffy’s loan move from Brighton hasn’t worked out as planned so far.
He was brought in to add Premier League and international experience but he has struggled for composure and consistency.
Celtic apparently paid a seven-figure loan fee for Duffy’s services and are paying a fair chunk of his wages.
The report says that there are huge doubts over his Celtic future and he left the ill-fated trip to Dubai early.
There’s a feeling that it just hasn’t worked out for Duffy and plenty of Bhoys fans online want him to leave.
Here’s how some Celtic fans reacted to the report claiming Duffy could leave Parkhead this month:
- Report claims Spurs player with 0 PL minutes this season is still having a big impact
- Report: Celtic slash asking price on star, rejected a bid for him in the summer
- Report: Tottenham target has his eye on move to Manchester United
- Who is Agha Salman? Pakistan call up uncapped all-rounder for South Africa series
- Arsenal transfer update: Board ‘huge admirers’ of attacker, two opportunities appear over