There has been plenty of talk about Arsenal’s transfer activity this month but they have just managed to do a deal completely under the radar.
Mat Ryan has signed for the club on loan from Brighton until the end of the season.
Mikel Arteta needed a backup goalkeeper after Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson’s struggles this season.
And he has made a swoop for the Australian international which was confirmed earlier today.
Ryan told the club’s official website: “I’m quite consistent with my performances. I dedicate every aspect of my life to playing football and trying to win football games for whoever I am representing,
“That willingness to win and to go the extra length to do that is probably the main driving force behind me.
“Like I said, I’m very dedicated towards my sport and very professional and I don’t want any stone unturned in trying to get a win on matchdays when they come on. I give all of myself in order to try to achieve that.”
Ryan dropped down the pecking order at Brighton this season, seeing Robert Sanchez take his place.
So the perspective of Brighton fans on the deal might be quite interesting for Gunners fans to see.
Here’s how the move went down with Seagulls fans on social media:
- ‘He deserves it’: Hoddle thinks Aston Villa ace should play for England this month
- ‘They could actually sneak in’: Hoddle makes claim about West Ham and Tottenham’s top four chances
- What is ‘Bloody Sunday’ 1965? Remembering Selma to Montgomery marches
- Former Arsenal man Mustafi named in WhoScored team of the week
- ‘Happy with him’: Mourinho praises 28-year-old Spurs star who’s ‘very good under pressure’