Aston Villa forgotten man Lovre Kalinic will join Hadjuk Split on loan in January.
The Croatian goalkeeper will return to the club where he came through as a young player and made his professional debut.
His move will be finalised on 18 January, when the Croatian transfer window actually opens.
The stopper joined Villa in January 2018 from Gent, for £7 million as the Telegraph reported at the time.
Some Villa fans on Twitter wanted to wish the 30-year-old well. It seems he represented the club well despite his move not working out and that earned him respect from the supporters.
Villa’s recruitment was exceptional last summer but the sight of a £7 million shuffling out the back door on loan brings back memories of the not so distant past when it wasn’t so good.
Some fans said they forgot Kalinic even played for Villa, but hoped he could get some regular games back in his home country.
Here’s a look at what some fans on Twitter said in response to the club’s official tweet confirming Kalinic’s departure:
- Disenchantment: Bean and Mora’s relationship explored!
- How old is Lydia West? Age of It’s A Sin actress revealed on Instagram
- How tall is Danny Griffin? Height of Fate: The Winx Saga actor explored
- Does Olly Alexander have a boyfriend? It’s A Sin star’s love life explored
- Is Maria Bartiromo’s show cancelled? Fox CEO confusion explained