Former Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker has paid tribute to their current attack.
Parker’s Fulham side will host Spurs at Craven Cottage tonight and naturally, he was asked about their qualities at his pre-match press conference.
Parker picked out Harry Kane and Gareth Bale for special praise, but also had kind words for Son Heung-min and Lucas Moura.
Fulham got a 1-1 draw in the reverse fixture this season, when Kane opened the scoring for Spurs.
“We’re playing against probably the best 9 in the world in Harry Kane. He is incredible, the best number nine in the world. Then there’s Bale, Son [Heung-min] and players like [Lucas] Moura.
“It’s a front half team which is exquisite. Unbelievable players, unbelievable talent. Right there with the best in the league, Liverpool and Manchester City.
On Bale, he said: “He’s a special player. You don’t get many players who a team revolves around them.”
“They’re a very good team but the way we play, on the front foot, attacking and trying to score goals, I’d like to think we can cause them problems as well. I hope that to be the case.”
We saw Tottenham’s attack unleashed on Sunday against Burnley and it was frightening.
Jose Mourinho needs to do that on a more regular basis if his side are to clamber back into the top four.
Parker will be tasked with setting up a team to stop them tonight, but in the first meeting this season, Spurs sat back on their 1-0 and were eventually punished.
- ‘Been brilliant’: Some Arsenal fans hail ‘class’ 26-year-old ‘proving critics wrong’ vs Prague
- Richard Dunne spotted what Manchester City did differently in this year’s CL 1/4 final
- Folarin Balogun has three-word reaction to Bukayo Saka’s Arsenal display last night
- ‘That’s what he said’: Arteta shares what Aubameyang told him about how he’s feeling now
- ‘They have everything’: Spurs boss Mourinho delivers verdict on Everton and Ancelotti’s tactics