Rio Ferdinand has stated his admiration for Tottenham talisman Harry Kane on Twitter.
Former Spurs midfielder Jamie O’Hara suggested Ferdinand had said Kane wasn’t worthy of a big move.
That’s a strange take, given that Ferdinand said on his YouTube channel earlier this week that Manchester United, Liverpool and Manchester City should chase him.
And Ferdinand took to Twitter to defend his claims and state his admiration for the England captain.
The conversation around Kane will remain the same until Spurs start winning trophies.
They could still win the Europa League and the EFL Cup this season, which would be a start.
But with Manchester City needing a new striker to replace Sergio Aguero, Kane could be forgiven for looking elsewhere.
Ferdinand clearly wants United to swoop. There are question marks over Edinson Cavani’s future and Anthony Martial’s long-term suitability.
Daniel Levy is the main issue. He won’t let his main man go easily or cheaply – certainly not to a domestic rival.
And Kane loves Spurs and is hugely unlikely to kick up a fuss and force his way out.
It’s an intriguing scenario as we move towards the absolute prime of Kane’s career.
- Who does Edi Gathegi play in Startup? Crackle series added to Netflix
- Nicola Sturgeon on not having children: Family life and marriage explored
- John Sludden death: Scottish clubs pay tribute to former Celtic striker
- Who is Emelike Nwosuocha? We found rapper Kidd Wes on Instagram
- Is Kenneth Moton leaving ABC news? What is the anchor’s new job?