West Ham are pushing ahead with plans to sign Boulaye Dia to replace Sebastien Haller, as per EuroSport.
They report that Reims striker Dia is now top choice for the Hammers as they seek new firepower this month.
There were apparently concerns about signing Chelsea star Olivier Giroud because they thought the Blues would drag out making their decision all month.
And the £20 million pricetag for Patson Daka has apparently put the Hammers off.
But the Hammers know they will now have to pay around £15 million for Dia and they’re ready to do that.
Josh King is another name mentioned in the report but it says he is an option in the background now.
All the signs in the report are that Dia is the one David Moyes is ready to crack on with signing.
Teenager Mipo Odubeko is apparently ready to step into the breach while a new frontman is procured.
He was considered for a start against Stockport on Monday apparently – he came off the bench late on – and is set for more gametime in the coming weeks.
- ‘He is brilliant’: Skipp shares text messages from Tottenham man about his loan spell
- Rohit Sharma mother tongue, family and highest scores
- Report: Real Betis are now the standout contenders to sign Sokratis
- Does Anne Hathaway smoke? Fans curious about actress’s health and habits
- Report: Tottenham’s players are surprised Gareth Bale hasn’t played more often