Some at Tottenham are becoming frustrated and concerned by summer signing Matt Doherty, according to ESPN.
Republic of Ireland international Doherty joined Spurs from Wolves in the summer for a fee the Guardian reported at the time was just under £15 million.
He was expected to be Tottenham’s first-choice right back going forward but Serge Aurier has usurped him for much of the campaign.
The report claims that Aurier’s progress compared to Doherty’s relative lack of it is a cause of frustration behind the scenes.
There is talk in the report that Doherty could be allowed to depart north London after just one season.
Although nothing is confirmed and it remains to be seen what kind of market value a 29-year-old full-back would command now.
Doherty was a huge part of the success Wolves have enjoyed under Nuno Espirito Santo and Spurs looked to be getting a player who could cut the mustard at Premier League level.
It’s not quite clear why his Spurs career hasn’t hit the heights yet but it’s clear he hasn’t lived up to expectations so far.
- Who is Ryan Switzer’s wife Gabie? From college couple days to NFL
- xQc drama explained: Why did he get banned from NoPixel again?
- ‘The only positive’, ‘MOTM’: Some Newcastle fans applaud ‘solid’ 29-year-old performance against West Brom
- What happened to Jalek Swoll’s dad? Motocross star’s family explored
- Why is Andy Ngo? Mumford & Sons connection and Unmasked book explored