A report by the Telegraph claims Callum Wilson could make his Newcastle return on 20 March.
That Saturday night clash with Brighton is the last Premier League game of the month before the international break.
The report claims that Wilson’s got an outside chance of being fit for that crunch relegation tussle.
Wilson is out with a hamstring injury picked up in the 3-2 win over Southampton last month.
Newcastle’s fitness situation has worsened now due to injuries to Allan Saint-Maximin and Miguel Almiron.
That substantially dents their attacking output and leaves Steve Bruce with a decision to make on Wilson.
Does he try and rush him back ahead of the international break for a huge game?
Or is he more patient and gives him the international break to fully recover, lowering the risk of a setback?
It might depends on how results go in the lead-up to that Brighton match.
Brighton are themselves are struggling to offer enough goal threat to turn their strong performances into results.
- 8 aerials won: 29-year-old Newcastle United man put on a solid display vs Burnley
- Who is Marc Lore’s wife Carolyn? Ex-Walmart exec’s family life explored
- Did Jay-Z and Beyonce buy DMX’s masters? Rumour’s legitimacy explored
- “Peasley” meaning: Bryce Hall’s TikTok flooded with slang term
- Did Rick Fox leave Morning Show Mysteries? Hallmark’s new detective explained