The Telegraph report that Newcastle have a deal in place to sign Joe Willock on loan from Arsenal, but there’s still work to do.
They report that it’s 50/50 whether the Magpies can actually get anyone through the door before the end of the day.
The other potential stumbling block is that Willock might not be willing to move from London to the north east.
And then Arsenal just need to give the final green light – so it’s not straightforward at all as the window draws to an end today.
At 10:39am on their transfer liveblog, Luke Edwards offered the update, as well as stating that the loan bid to sign Hamza Choudhury from Leicester is similarly up in the air.
Gunners boss Mikel Arteta apparently feels that a loan move to a club like Newcastle is exactly what Willock needs at this stage of his career.
And the Spaniard is expected to give Bruce a definitive answer within the next few hours.
Willock is a creative, box-to-box midfielder, who may be a slightly more exciting signing than the more defensive Choudhury.
- 8 aerials won: 29-year-old Newcastle United man put on a solid display vs Burnley
- Who is Marc Lore’s wife Carolyn? Ex-Walmart exec’s family life explored
- Did Jay-Z and Beyonce buy DMX’s masters? Rumour’s legitimacy explored
- “Peasley” meaning: Bryce Hall’s TikTok flooded with slang term
- Did Rick Fox leave Morning Show Mysteries? Hallmark’s new detective explained