It has long looked like a foregone conclusion that defender Eric Garcia would join Barcelona from Manchester City in the summer.
But Marca are now reporting that Barcelona have lowered their wage offer to the defender.
Barca’s finances are a serious problem and it seems like they’re almost exclusively shopping for free transfers.
Garcia’s City contract expires at the end of the season, and it looks like the situation is perfectly poised for him to go back to the Nou Camp.
But now it seems that they are trying to tighten their belts even further with a reduced wage offer.
The report says a deal was agreed in principle a year ago and Barca are waiting for Garcia’s response to this new proposal.
It doesn’t really feel like there’s a way back for Garcia at City now after making his intention to leave clear.
And it seems his heart is set on returning to his former employer, so he may well accept the reduced salary.
But as a free agent in this market, he is set to be in a relatively strong position during the summer.
That may see him explore his options, especially if he is frustrated with Barca lowering the wage they offered him last year.
- Artopia by Twenty One Pilots explained
- Star Poch sold in 2015 thinks he’d do better if he was still at Spurs now
- ‘It was mind blowing’: Merson points out ‘glaring’ Arsenal weakness when one star doesn’t play
- ‘Worried’: BT pundit claims Henderson’s injury is ‘massively’ affecting Liverpool star
- Paul Merson claims Arsenal man’s ‘confidence is well and truly shot’