Rob Holding is in line for a new Arsenal contract as per Football.London.
Mikel Arteta said that he expects an announcement to be made in due course, speaking ahead of the game against Crystal Palace.
Football.London also report that an improvement in Holding’s passing has really impressed Arteta.
Good distribution is apparently something the Spaniard really looks for and he has been impressed with Holding’s work in that area.
That improvement is likely a factor in Holding’s impending reward of a new contract.
Holding has been key to Arsenal’s improved recent form, which has seen them win four games on the bounce.
At 25, he still has plenty of time to improve further and the report says his deal is proof that hard work and professionalism will be rewarded by Arteta.
Holding is something of a leader for Arsenal too, and that’s important in a team which has been decried for lacking them often in recent years.
Holding is currently blending substance and style well and Arteta will hope to see that continue.
The report says Arsenal will lose three centre halves in Sokratis, David Luiz and Shkodran Mustafi in the coming months, which makes Holding’s improvement all the more important.
- Who is Ryan Switzer’s wife Gabie? From college couple days to NFL
- xQc drama explained: Why did he get banned from NoPixel again?
- ‘The only positive’, ‘MOTM’: Some Newcastle fans applaud ‘solid’ 29-year-old performance against West Brom
- What happened to Jalek Swoll’s dad? Motocross star’s family explored
- Why is Andy Ngo? Mumford & Sons connection and Unmasked book explored