Carlo Ancelotti is keen to engineer a reunion with Adrien Rabiot at Everton, according to ESPN.
They say that Ancelotti played a large part in the midfielder’s development when they worked together at Paris Saint-Germain.
Rabiot, now 25, is on Ancelotti’s radar as the Italian apparently views him as the perfect man to improve the quality of Everton’s midfield.
Ancelotti apparently views him as an upgrade on Andre Gomes, who cost a reported £22 million (BBC) back in June 2019.
The report says that it’s unclear whether Juventus would allow Rabiot to leave.
But it does point out that it hasn’t been plain sailing for Rabiot under Andrea Pirlo’s management.
That could push him to reunite with Ancelotti at Goodison Park and he wouldn’t be the first of the Italian’s former midfielders to do that.
Ancelotti engineered moves for James Rodriguez and Allan in the summer having worked with both players before.
Rabiot played the full 90 minutes of Juve’s 2-1 Champions League last 16 defeat to Porto on Wednesday and set up Federico Chiesa’s crucial away goal.
He would represent a real coup for Everton – but so did signing Gomes and he remains a quality player.
The report suggests Ancelotti may value Rabiot’s box-to-box qualities over Gomes’s artistry, but the Portugal international has been back to his best in recent weeks.
- Has Amelia Earhart been found? Aviator remembered on Women’s Day
- Who is Chris Evans’ girlfriend? Rumours and dating history explored
- Thierry Henry says he’d love to go back to Arsenal as manager
- FaZe Clan: Why did FaZe get kicked out of California?
- ‘Pieters runs a massive risk’: Dermot Gallagher gives his verdict on Arsenal penalty decision vs Burnley