Some Liverpool fans regret letting Takumi Minamino join Southampton on loan this season, after his impressive display against Chelsea.
Minamino scored in the 33rd minute for his new club Southampton, when the Saints faced Chelsea in the Premier League.
This was the Japanese winger’s third outing for his loan side, with the 26-year-old scoring against Newcastle on his debut.
Liverpool fans will likely be wondering where this Minamino was when they had signed him.
The winger only scored four goals in his entire time at the Reds, so Jurgen Klopp will be happy to see that his loan move is currently producing better results.
However, that won’t stop the Reds supporters being a little jealous every time the Japanese winger plays to this high-level.
Here’s what the Liverpool fans were saying on Twitter about Minamino:
Minamino – a flop under Klopp
During his time at Liverpool, Minamino only scored four goals across 31 outings in all competitions. The 26-year-old could also only manage to get two assists in these matches.
For the Japanese international to seemingly “flop” under the guidance of Jurgen Klopp would have come as a big surprise given his form for RB Salzburg.
In 199 matches across all competitions, Minamino scored 64 goals and got 44 assists.
Which is nothing like the player that the Reds were seeing when he was in a Liverpool shirt.
Nevertheless, the 26-year-old now seems to be finding his feet at Southampton and will hopefully return a much better player when he’s back at Anfield.
- Who is Ryan Switzer’s wife Gabie? From college couple days to NFL
- xQc drama explained: Why did he get banned from NoPixel again?
- ‘The only positive’, ‘MOTM’: Some Newcastle fans applaud ‘solid’ 29-year-old performance against West Brom
- What happened to Jalek Swoll’s dad? Motocross star’s family explored
- Why is Andy Ngo? Mumford & Sons connection and Unmasked book explored