Liverpool’s Adam Lewis has joined Plymouth Argyle on loan until the end of the season.
Lewis is Ryan Lowe’s first signing of the January window and will wear the number 22 shirt for the club.
His loan spell French Ligue 2 side Amiens SC was cut short earlier this week, where he made nine appearances.
That has allowed him to move into League 1 for the remainder of the campaign.
He will be looking to get regular gametime for the side currently sitting 15th in the third tier.
Their supporters certainly seem excited about the prospect of bringing in a player from the Premier League champions.
It appears from the reaction to the tweet confirming his arrival that Plymouth fans on Twitter felt they needed a defender and feel Lewis has the right quality.
Here’s how the loan move went down with some supporters of Plymouth on Twitter:
- ‘Could do worse’: Carragher says Liverpool legend can help Reds star refind form
- Former Arsenal man Alan Smith delivers verdict on Sokratis and Mesut Ozil
- Does Diggy Simmons have a girlfriend? Twitter anticipates reaction to Chloe Bailey video
- ‘Unsung heroes’: Merson says Liverpool just aren’t the same when three players don’t play
- Report: Newcastle in talks over off-field addition to support under-fire boss