Pascal Struijk has signed a new contract at Leeds United until the summer of 2024.
The club’s official website confirmed the news of a fresh three-and-a-half year deal for the Dutchman.
He made five appearance already this season, which is as many as he managed in the Championship through the whole of last term.
That’s a sign of his progression and Struijk took to Instagram after penning the deal to send a message to Leeds fans.
The defender will hope there’s plenty more to come and Marcelo Bielsa clearly has faith in him.
That was shown when he started him at Anfield in Leeds’s first Premier League game for 16 years.
Bielsa notoriously works with a small squad so there are opportunities for youngsters to come in at times and show what they can do.
Struijk has done that already during a season which will be a major learning curve for him.
For Leeds, it’s good to get a promising young talent tied down – at the age of just 21.
The club has invested heavily in their youth development in recent years, including the signing of Struijk in 2018 from Ajax.
This new deal is evidence that approach has paid off and he will hope to kick on even more now.
- Ian Wright insists Arsenal man Nicolas Pepe ‘isn’t getting any better’
- Dier names the Tottenham teammate Gareth Bale has been raving about to him
- What’s in Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving meal, nutritionally speaking?
- Hoddle thinks Hojbjerg’s arrival has had a big impact on Tottenham teammate
- Who is Linda Thomas-Greenfield’s husband? Facts about Biden’s UN ambassador choice