Arsenal will need to be wary of Slavia Prague’s superstar forward Abdallah Sima when they face the Czech side on Thursday.
Sima is a 19-year-old Senegalese forward making a name for himself in the Czech Republic and has reportedly caught the eye of Arsenal themselves.
The youngster has scored 11 goals in just 18 games in the Fortuna liga this season and has been having similar success in the Europa League.
Sima sensational in Europa League
The natural right-winger has faced some of the best sides the European competition could have thrown at him. But he has scored four goals and registered one assist in ten Europa League outings.
Sima scored against Nice, Leicester City and Hapoel Be’er Sheva and put in some impressive performances against Scottish champions Rangers too.
At just 19 years old, it’s clear to see Slavia Prague have one of the best young African talents in their squad.
Major European clubs show interest
According to Eurosport, Arsenal are one of three top European clubs eyeing Sima.
West Ham United and Juventus are also said to be keen, according to the report. And there’s a big risk Sima will announce himself to Arsenal fans by knocking their side out of the Europa League.
Sima’s last league outing saw him pick up a red card. That means the youngster will miss his next league fixture.
However, that might just mean the 19-year-old is even more fit and raring to go when he faces Arsenal. With their defence getting wobbly again of late, the Gunners remain wary.
- Chattanooga wrestler Zeke Washington dies, aged 20
- ‘What is the point of him?’: BBC pundit says Spurs man has to go if they don’t get top 4
- ‘Paid massive dividends’: BBC pundit raves over Liverpool star’s impact at Anfield
- 6 shots, 3 on target: Everton star did a lot with just 38 touches in 90 minutes vs Palace
- ‘Doesn’t make sense’: Ferdinand wonders why Arsenal man’s form has faded