Tottenham endured another frustrating night last night against Fulham, getting pegged back to draw 1-1.
Harry Kane opened the scoring before Ivan Cavaleiro’s equaliser meant Spurs have now dropped points from winning positions in five Premier League games this season.
Sergio Reguilon’s sumptuous cross allowed Kane to score and on Match of the Day, Micah Richards was full of praise for the Spaniard’s performance.
He was denied a winning goal late on due to offside given against Heung-min Son in the buildup.
Host Dan Walker said Richards told him earlier he felt Reguilon was the best player on the pitch and the pundit said: “Yeah, what a performance from him. He was brilliant.
“He just gets so high up the pitch. Positionally he was good defensively too. Look at the touch here and the whip in for Kane, it’s a nightmare for a defender when the ball comes in the area.
“The burst of pace here too. It was an all-round performance. He was one positive for Spurs today.”
That indicates that Reguilon put in a solid performance at both ends of the pitch.
His cross for Kane’s goal was stunning and an indication of why Jose Mourinho went out and got him from Real Madrid in the summer.
But it was another night where Spurs didn’t take their chances and got punished.
- ‘Could do worse’: Carragher says Liverpool legend can help Reds star refind form
- Former Arsenal man Alan Smith delivers verdict on Sokratis and Mesut Ozil
- Does Diggy Simmons have a girlfriend? Twitter anticipates reaction to Chloe Bailey video
- ‘Unsung heroes’: Merson says Liverpool just aren’t the same when three players don’t play
- Report: Newcastle in talks over off-field addition to support under-fire boss