Liverpool have been struggling in the Premier League lately but there were no signs of a crisis of confidence in the Champions League last night.
The Reds took a huge step towards qualification for the last eight of the competition with a 2-0 win over RB Leipzig.
The game was moved to Budapest because of the pandemic – meaning the ‘hosts’ lost their home advantage – and Liverpool made that count.
NBA superstar LeBron James is one of the most high-profile Liverpool fans out there and posted a three-word Twitter message after the win.
Liverpool will hope that last night’s win can give them a much-needed shot in the arm.
The games are coming thick and fast and they don’t get any easier with a Merseyside derby to come this weekend.
Leipzig’s high-energy style should have been perfect to take advantage of Liverpool’s makeshift backline.
But they showed their resilience on an important night and James clearly enjoyed the performance.
- What happened to Ernie Johnson on NBA on TNT yesterday?
- Manager admits he can’t afford to buy Spurs man who’d cost an ‘unbelievable amount’
- Ozan Kabak hails two Liverpool men who have helped him since he arrived
- ‘One mistake and he’s out’: Campbell hopes Arsenal don’t put too much pressure on 19-year-old
- Why is Greg Abbott in a wheelchair? Texas Governor’s accident explained