Harry Winks got a rare chance to impress for Tottenham last night in the EFL Cup.
Spurs beat Stoke 3-1 away from home to set up a semi-final meeting with Brentford in the New Year.
It was Winks’s first start in domestic football since September and he took his opportunity to impress.
Winks picked out Gareth Bale for the opening goal of the game, when the Welshman headed home after 22 minutes.
As per WhoScored, that was one of two chances Winks created on the night and he had a passing accuracy of 93.5 per cent.
He made two clearances, and a tackle and an interception, recording a match rating of 7.68. Only Davinson Sanchez scored higher in a Spurs shirt.
The display – and his post-match post on Instagram – caught the attention of two former Spurs players.
Kyle Walker-Peters shared a joke with Winksa about his assist and Georges-Kevin Nkoudou also left a message.
Walker-Peters is shining with Southampton, while Nkoudou is now with Besiktas after leaving Spurs in 2019.
It seems the pair both retain a good relationship with Winks, who has endured a tricky season.
But he took his chance to impress last night, unlikely Dele Alli, who incurred the wrath of his manager.
Winks will hope for more chances during a hectic festive period and last night’s assist will have done his chances no harm.
- Disenchantment: Bean and Mora’s relationship explored!
- How old is Lydia West? Age of It’s A Sin actress revealed on Instagram
- How tall is Danny Griffin? Height of Fate: The Winx Saga actor explored
- Does Olly Alexander have a boyfriend? It’s A Sin star’s love life explored
- Is Maria Bartiromo’s show cancelled? Fox CEO confusion explained