Kevin de Bruyne has signed a new contract at Manchester City which runs until the summer of 2025.
The deal represents a two-year extension to his existing contract and if he sees it out, it will mean he’s spent ten years at City.
That would have him in line for a testimonial, which would be richly deserved for a player who is among the very best in the world.
De Bruyne wasted no time sending Twitter messages to the City fans on the back of the new contract.
The new deal caps a huge 24 hours for de Bruyne, who opened the scoring in City’s 2-1 first leg win over Borussia Dortmund in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final clash.
With Pep Guardiola’s future also secure, it means that City are all set to extend their current era of success for a while longer yet.
De Bruyne’s extension should mean the man who is arguably the best player in the Premier League will remain on these shores for a few years yet.
Match of the Day host Gary Lineker tweeted his delight as a neutral that de Bruyne will continue gracing the Premier League.
For City, it means one of their best ever players should spend the rest of his prime years in Manchester.
By the end of this season, he could well be a Champions League winner and is already all but certain to add another Premier League title to the collection this year too.
- ‘Easy’: Steve Nicol names Liverpool’s player of the season… it’s not Salah
- ‘Joy to watch’: Hargreaves hails Man City star who can be ‘unplayable’ if he improves one thing
- Real Madrid star thinks his side could have scored 5 vs Liverpool last night
- Jadon Sancho reacts to Jude Bellingham’s disallowed goal in Manchester City v Dortmund
- Carlo Ancelotti says Everton 25-year-old ‘can play without problems’ now after injury