After Leeds United’s comfortable 2-0 win over Crystal Palace, some of the Whites supporters were left in awe of the Eagles’ Eberechi Eze.
Eze hardly had the most impressive performance against the Yorkshire side, failing to score and or get an assist. The Englishman could also only achieve a 6.6 out of 10 Whoscored rating.
The former Queens Park Rangers star moved to Crystal Palace for a fee that could rise to £20 million, while his contract also has a 20% sell-on clause the Superhoops secured on the contract.
The 22-year-old had a slow start to life in the Premier League but has since settled into the highest division of English football, getting two goals and one assist in his last ten outings.
Eze – would slot nicely into Leeds midfield
On ability alone, Eze might be worthy of a place in Marcelo Bielsa’s midfield.
However, the 22-year-old would have to rival Jack Harrison, Raphinha and Helder Costa – along with younger talent such as Tyler Roberts and Ian Poveda-Ocampo.
With that much competition, it would seem unlikely Eze would be keen on a move to Elland Road unless guaranteed minutes were offered.
Leeds moved up to tenth in the Premier League after Patrick Bamford and Harrison scored to seal an easy victory for the Whites.
Bielsa now faces a tricky away fixture against Arsenal on Sunday, a team they leap-frogged in the league table.
Here’s what some Leeds supporters were saying about Eze on Twitter:
- ‘That’s what Liverpool need’: Carragher shares next three signings he wants Klopp to make
- Viewers worried about Trooper Steve’s absence from WKMG News 6
- Paul Merson predicts 23-year-old international won’t be at Arsenal next season
- Meet country singer Luke Bryan’s wife, Caroline Boyer
- ‘Very, very special’: Nuno claims one ‘committed’ Wolves player is unique