Jose Mourinho has stated that Carlos Vinicius will get more Premier League chances, when speaking to Football.London ahead of the Burnley clash on Sunday 2pm.
Vinicius has only started once in the Premier League, but these recent comments from Mourinho should give some hope to the 25-year-old.
When speaking ahead for Tottenham’s match with Burnley, the Spurs manager said:
“He (Carlos Vinicius) is giving us what we want. In the Premier League he is going to play because we have so many matches that Kane cannot play every match.”
Vinicius in Europe
Most of the Brazilian’s minutes have been coming in the Europa League, which has turned out to be a tournament Vinicius is mastering.
In seven Europa League outings, the 25-year-old has scored six goals and managed to get three assists for Spurs.
A very impressive tally considering two of these outings were coming from off the bench.
Struggling to break into the Premier League squad
Despite his success in Europe, Vinicius has struggled to maintain any sort of place within Mourinho’s Premier League squad.
The 25-year-old has only started one game and has had to settle for five appearances off the bench.
But unlike the outings in the Europa League, the Brazilian has had zero success when it comes to goals and assists.
With the potential of added game time in the league, and hopefully some starts, Spurs fans might actually get to see what Vinicius is capable of at a high level.
Not to say the Europa League is easy, but there’s no doubt that the level of competition is easier than the Premier League – which is something the 25-year-old will have to adjust to.
- ‘Needs to leave’: Former teammate tells Arsenal target to ‘put himself at that better level’
- How old is Windsor Castle, how many rooms does it have and who else is buried there?
- Does Lolo Jones have a husband? Athlete’s family and net worth explored
- ‘Elite players win the trophies’: BBC pundit speaks openly about Tottenham Hotspur duo
- I feel like I’m Gucci Mane in 2006: Make No Sense lyrics explained