Tottenham Hotspur fans appear split over whether the report linking the club with Germany international Mahmoud Dahoud is good or bad news.
The Daily Mail states Tottenham are monitoring Dahoud, who plays for Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga.
The Syrian-born midfielder is struggling to get regular game time at Dortmund, starting only eight league matches this season.
Here’s what some Tottenham fans had to say about the Dahoud link on Twitter:
Dahoud looking for game time
As well as eight Bundesliga starts, Dahoud has had four outings from the bench and made two league cup appearances.
However, the 25-year-old’s contract only runs until June 2022, which may explain why Chelsea and Manchester City are also showing interest in the midfielder.
As Dahoud is struggling for game time, the player’s next move could come down to who can offer him the most opportunities.
With Dahoud clearly out of favour in Germany and with time running out on his contract, perhaps Mourinho is looking at the midfielder as a cheap summer option?
The German is still young at 25 so Spurs could get some real value out of Dahoud should he join in a cut-price move from Dortmund.
- Who is NFL quarterback Deshaun Watson dating?
- ‘This is what helped me’: Arsenal star opens up on Arteta conversation after summer return
- Diego Llorente responds when asked if he’s happy at Leeds amid strange exit rumours
- Report: Aston Villa given good injury news ahead of Spurs clash
- Star Trek’s original Scotty lost his middle finger in WW2