These Tottenham Hotspur fans were thrilled to see Dane Scarlett performing well against Aston Villa in their U18s match.
Despite being just 16-years-old, Scarlett is already making himself a household named amongst the Spurs supporters.
The young centre-forward has already had very small tastes of first-team football.
Getting one minute off the bench against West Brom in the Premier League and eight minutes against Ludogorets in the UEFA Europa League.
Scarlett has once again made himself known after an impressive first-half led to the Englishman scoring – despite missing an earlier penalty.
The 16-year-old is clearly on the senior team’s radar given that he has already been included twice at first-team level this season.
So this performance will likely do wonders for his future inclusion within the senior ranks.
Here’s what the Spurs fans had to say about Scarlett on Twitter:
Scarlett – dominating the academy ranks
Before kick-off, the 16-year-old centre-forward had already scored 13 goals in 11 U18 Premier League matches.
However, Scarlett’s goalscoring antics don’t stop there. The talented young Englishman scored five goals in one FA Youth Cup match against Newport U18s.
Scarlett is clearly a talented youngster and it wouldn’t be surprising to see him break into the first-team more regularly in the near future – should he continue to play at his current ability.
- Has Amelia Earhart been found? Aviator remembered on Women’s Day
- Who is Chris Evans’ girlfriend? Rumours and dating history explored
- Thierry Henry says he’d love to go back to Arsenal as manager
- FaZe Clan: Why did FaZe get kicked out of California?
- ‘Pieters runs a massive risk’: Dermot Gallagher gives his verdict on Arsenal penalty decision vs Burnley