Everton’s Richarlison was forced off by injury in the second half of their EFL Cup tie against Manchester United last night.
The Toffees never really got going at Goodison Park and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side won 2-0.
Late goals from Edinson Cavani and Anthony Martial sealed the win which set up a semi-final meeting with Manchester City.
A collision with Eric Bailly ended Richarlison’s night early, and he was replaced by Bernard on 56 minutes.
After the game, Bailly shared messages between himself and Richarlison on his Instagram story.
It appears the conversation was cordial, with Richarlison clearly appreciative of the message.
It seems there’s no lingering bad blood between the players on the back of the incident.
Perhaps Richarlison going off was the moment the tie really slipped away from Everton.
They endured a tough start but recovered to be in the game in the second half, but their goal threat really petered out when the Brazilian went off.
It was a hugely disappointing night for the Toffees as another chance to end their long wait for silverware went begging.
Now, attention turns to a busy Christmas period where Everton will try to maintain their place in the Premier League’s top four.
- Console Corner 2021: Top 10 games to look forward to and one to keep your fingers crossed for
- RPDR: Who is Kahmora Hall’s boyfriend? Twitter says he’s “holding her back”
- Who is Normski? British DJ appears on Celebrity Mastermind
- Who is David Baddiel’s wife? Meet Morwenna Banks
- Five cricket records that stand the test of time – will anybody beat them?