Jamie Carragher has named Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson in his team of the season for 2020.
He claims Liverpool just aren’t quite the same when their captain doesn’t play.
Liverpool have been hit with injuries this season but Henderson has missed just the three league matches thus far.
“Jordan now, when you see the Liverpool team, the best way to describe Jordan is it just doesn’t feel the same when he’s not there,” said Carragher.
“There’s just something always missing. He gives that presence, that authority in the middle of the pitch.”
Henderson is hugely important to Liverpool, in terms of his leadership, versatility and desire.
He’s had his doubters before, but 2020 felt like the year he proved many of them wrong. He was named Football Writers’ Player of the Year and came second in Sports Personality of the Year on Sunday.
With other important players going down with injury, Henderson’s influence has been even more important in recent months.
It was him at Fulham who tried to keep standards up, even when Liverpool were struggling and he had to go back to centre back for the second half.
He drives his side forward and will hope to scoop more silverware to add to his collection in 2021.
- Inzamam-ul-Haq paints grim picture for Pakistan cricket after PSL controversy
- Much-improved Barbados star set to be key West Indies asset at T20 World Cup
- Some West Ham fans react to Watford signing former Hammers man Sanchez
- ‘Don’t be such a chicken squat’ meaning: Dolly Parton quote explained
- ‘Very good’: Bielsa hails left-footed star and two other ‘important’ players for West Ham